Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzards and dog shops....

Got up at about 9:15 this morning and rushed to the window to see if the weather forecasts had come true. They had. I knew it had sleeted and iced, because everytime I woke up last night I could hear the pellets hitting the window behind our bed. I think it kept poor hubby from sleeping well last night. It's hard to judge just how many inches of snow are on top of the ice, but i'd say it's at least a couple...and it's defintiley looking like a blizzard out there. It's very pretty, but i'm really hoping we don't get the FULL 12-18 inches that it's calling for.

I've been missing my puppies lately. Try as i might I cannot seem to convince Jase to let me have a dog. He has several reasons for saying no. All of which are valid so I'm having my doubts as to whether I'm ever going to be able to convince him. :(

I love dogs. Mostly little indoor dogs. I grew up with indoor dogs. In the past we've had a shitzu, a beagle, a dalmation, mutts,a cocker spaniels, a shepherd, a poodle, dachsunds, hounds, and a chihuahua. My family are definitely dog people.

I was led to this online dog shop this morning. As much as I love puppies, it always has amazed me how much people are willing to spend on dogs. My family loves our dogs. But we've never spent much money pampering them. They get basic dog food, maybe a collar if they need it, vet trips only when absolutely necessary, basic shots and meds when they're little or when absolutely necessary, and each of the current puppies has one article of clothing, which the entire family views as a rather ridiculous thing. I believe I'm guilty for both outfits. *cheesy grin*

The Orange Dog is apparently a Canadian charity that provides 'freedom flights' for abandoned and abused dogs that needs rescuing. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this. You know those 10 minute long commercials about abused and abondoned animals on tv? I can't watch those. They make me cry. I absolutely hate to see suffering animals. And yet....they are animals. Is it really wise to spend so much money and resources on rescuing abandoned dogs when so many babies are being aborted, and children are being abandoned and abused? Anyway...if you're interested on reading more about the said freedom flights, visit the above link, click on they're freedom flights tab and read away.

I'm going to go see if my camera battery is charged enough to get a pic of this crazy, miserable looking weather...Have a blessed day, everyone.

~Tonia

No comments:

Post a Comment