Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hawaii

On cold days like today when the weather is so miserable and nasty out, I start dreaming of sun, and warmth, blue skies, green grass and flowers. And sometimes, I even think about Hawaii. Or anywhere tropical, really. Lol.

I've always wanted to visit Hawaii. Actually I've always wanted to live there. I've been to some pretty beaches before in Mexico, but there's something about Hawaii beaches that just seem so much better. Maybe it's all hype, but still. I can't imagine I'd mind living there. :)

Just last night I watched an international real estate show with a couple looking to buy a retirement home in Hawaii. The homes they looked at were phenomenal. Their price range was between 1.2 million and 1.8 million. Eesh. But apparently it takes that to get a nice home there. Apparently real estate has been suffering over the last couple of year in places like Oahu, Big Island, and Maui because of the drop in tourism. Well, with prices like that...it doesn't seem a big surprise.

Maybe someday, when we're wealthy and ready to retire...for now I'm back to staring out the window at snow flakes and knee high drifts, while I dream of beaches and palm trees. :) Oh, and taking pics of stupid people who are apparently out of touch with reality enough to pull out of their parking spaces and get their cars stuck in the middle of the parking lot. REALLY, people?

No comments:

Post a Comment