Monday, February 28, 2011

So I'm Craving Carbs...

I'm missing my bread today. This morning I was drooling over Garlic Texas toast in the frozen aisle at Sam's. Now it's scrumptious looking recipes on the Sargento website. I love recipes. I'm constantly collecting them.

Some of these look amazing. Particularly the Grilled Chicken Alfredo Pizza. How can you get better than that? Chicken and alfredo in pizza form. Doesn't that sound SO heavenly? Hhhmmmm.....

The Easy Taco Salad looks like something I could probly do if I left out the tortilla chips and tomato slices (or at least cut back on them). I have however found that I have to watch taco seasoning packets carefully because they tend to have several carbs per Tbs because of the flour added into the mix of ingredients. Yum...I'm thinking taco salad sounds like a good idea for dinner tonight...

Anyone ever heard of Stuffed French Toast Casserole? That's a new one for me. It looks like it could be pretty yummy, though I'm pretty sure I'd leave off the powdered sugar and syrup. This looks like something Jase would really like. Meat, cheese and bread...especially if I substitued sausage for the ham/ turkey to make it more breakfasty. He would be a happy guy. I'll have to keep this one in mind for a future carb hour or special occasion.

I guess I'm gonna go set out ground beef for taco salad tonight. My hubby will be home in a couple hours...hoping they fly by...I miss him so...

No comments:

Post a Comment