Saturday, January 29, 2011

Experiment...

I've decided to try an experiment.

I've never been wonderful at keeping up with my blog. Not only do I not feel myself to be a natural writer (it's always a bit of a chore), but I've found myself coming to a realization lately that I think facebook might be part of the problem.

Yes, facebook. Actually, facebook statuses to be specific. I update so frequently that when it comes to updating my blog I feel like I'm being redundant. And in the past I have opted against even doing a picture post because I update ALL of my pictures into monthly albums on facebook. And since pretty much everyone who reads my blog also is a facebook friend, everyone who cares to has clicked through my facebook albums and seen all of my picture offerings. So, here's is what I will be trying...

In the hopes that it will motivate me to update my blog more frequently (maybe even on a daily basis), for one week, I will not be updating my facebook status. Instead, everytime I feel the need to update the cyberworld on what I'm doing at the moment, or what is going through my mind, I'll post it on my blog. Even if it's literally just a one or two sentence status update. Also, any pictures that I have taken for the month of January (since I'm behind on my monthly facebook albums) and that I take in the next week, will go on my blog only.

We'll see how this goes. I need to reconvince myself that posting a quick blog post is not really that much more of a hassle than updating my status on fb. My blog was, after all, all I had in my college years (besides myspace, but that never really counted) and my little blurby posts mixed in with my longer more thoughtful offerings made for a much more interesting (and entertaining/ lighthearted) blog than this one has proven to be.

So here goes. I'm sitting here watching some Mega Piranha movie on SyFy. Wowsers. Apparently a genetically modified piranha escaped, bred, took over a river and at this point they are big enough that they are jumping out of the river onto buildings and exploding said buildings. Yes, exploding them. Don't ask me how. That's syfy for you. The main actor reminds me of a very untalented Keanu Reeves. I'm only watching it because it's really that horrible. As the channel motto so proudly declares "Only on Syfy"...

Jase: "What self respecting actor would be a part of this movie??"

I don't know Babe, I don't know.

And guess what's next? Mega Python vs. Gatoroid. Oh, yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday,I found a coupon for a free candle from Bath and Body Works. Of course it was only a 1.6 oz candle, but who cares? Since I was already on that side of town, Jase picked me up after orchestra, took me out to eat, and then we went to the mall for my candle. As always, I picked the closest thing to straight vanilla I could find. :)


Since we live on the opposite side of town from the mall, we don't ever just pop in to stroll through for fun like we used to when we lived on Republic. So, even though we had no spending money, we walked through anyway.


On our way through we also stopped by Godiva for our free truffle for the month of January. Yumminess.

So I'm off to make quesadillas for my hungry hubby...

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I struggle with the same thing. Anytime I want to post on my blog I can only think of facebook statuses. It's sad. I love your idea! :) - Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!! I almost always limit my fb status box to great quotes and songs and stuff....so I never use up life stuff. :-) I am looking forward to great blog reading from you!! :-D <3

    ReplyDelete