Thursday, January 20, 2011

In Everything Give Thanks...

...for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you...

...Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spriritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...

*~*

We woke up first thing this morning to a phone call from our insurance agent who had offered Jase a job, saying that he had decided to give the job to someone else. So we're back to square one. After the first wave of disappointement, and then several waves of annoyance and frustration :), I realized that the only thing left to be done was to give thanks. Apparently, this is not the job that the Lord wanted Jase to have and He made it unmistakeably clear. And that's the first thing to be thankful for; a very clearly closed door. Now to continue waiting for another door to open.

So rather than dwelling on worry about what the future holds, I'm trying my best this morning to count my blessings and give thanks.

I'm thankful my husband.
I'm thankful for the Lord's provision through gifts, odd jobs, and unemployment.
I'm thankful for the beautiful, crisp, white, snowy view that we woke up to.
I'm thankful for a warm, cozy apartment for which the rent will be paid next month.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to sell baked sweets on fridays at orchestra and the little bit of living money that it provides for us on a weekly basis.
I'm thankful... for so much more...
and I'm content.

*~*

...and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee...

...Not that I speak in regard to want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content...

1 comment:

  1. So sorry...but beautiful attitude. We kind of had the same thing where Colorado springs wrote and told Zac he didn't make the cut out there for the fire department..all this while we were dying with the flu. Sometimes the waiting period is SOOOO hard.

    ReplyDelete