Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I so love Christmas.

The last few months have been a bit rough. Jase was without work and there was a period of about 7-8 weeks between our last paycheck and the first unemployment deposit. To be honest, it made it rather difficult to get into the holiday spirit. Having no money for christmas decorations and fun holiday baking and treats was difficult enough, but not being sure we were going to get our bills paid every month was stressful. But God is faithful. Bills are caught up on and unimployment started just in time for Christmas. :) God is good.

And so it's finally starting to feeling like Christmas. I finally got the lights I wanted for the balcony banister, candy canes for the tree and the tins that I will be filling next week with yummy goodies are stacked under the tree. My kitchen counter is stacked with candy making ingredients and my 4 ft tree is set up in our bedroom and decked out in white and silver ornaments and ribbons.

We had our first round of gifts today with Aunt Jane, my father-in-law's sister. She gave us a gorgeous set of dinnerware, white with gold trim, a couple of super cute ornaments, a beautiful red and black decorative tealight candle holder, and a big yummy tin of popcorn. :) Very good start.

I had super much fun setting my table when I got home this evening.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm starting a little project. Trying to use my blog to generate a little income. We'll see how it goes. Of course my first assignment WOULD be something that I know nothing about, in a place that I'm halfway across the US from. Ha. Los Angeles auto repair
Fortunately having experience or knowledge are not in the required criteria. Cars are so not my thing. I had to look up a Honda Civic to even know what one looked like. Sad, I know. My hubby can tell the make, model and year of a vehicle, even if the only thing he can see is it's headlights in our rearview mirror at night. He amazes me.
I also had to look up a head gasket. I still have no clue what it is. Oh, well. Anyway, for anyone living in LA would might be reading my blog and own a Honda Civic, check out the site and see what they may have to offer you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For now, I'm going to go find a few more things to knock off my to do list before the craziness of Christmas week sets in. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you & Jason. We are so glad you enjoyed everything. Merry Christmas hope to see you soon. Love, Uncle Jr & Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete