Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kitchen Krafts

I started receiving Kitchen Kraft catalogs a month or two back. Not sure where they came from or why I'm getting them, but after looking through a couple of them I've decided that, given the opportunity, I could most definitely spend a rather ungodly amount of money on their products.

Some things, like the Cake Batter Dispenser, honestly just look unnecessary and space consuming. I, for one, use a spoon or a small measuring cup (if I'm needing to be exact) to transfer my batter to my muffin tins and it works absolutely fine. Also the Icing Drizzler looks..well...dangerous for a baker like me. I make enough mess dipping a spoon or a fork into icing and drizzling my sweets, without having a dozen different dripping prongs to manage. And to be honest, my drizzled end product looks every bit as good as that picture. In my (limited) experience I have found that the trick to beautiful drizzling is not nearly so much in the tool used to drizzle but in the consistency of the drizzling icing. It's consitency and how well it runs ultimatley determines drizzling finesse.

On the other hand, I do find other tools like the Layer Slicing Kit to look fascinatingly nifty. I always have a heck of a time getting my cake layers flat and even, even when I use my little Cake Slicer Leveler . I also found my self drooling over the 3-In-1 Baking Rack and the Space Saver Rack. Also, how cool would it be to be able to ensure that all of your cookies come out the exact same thickness by using these Rolling Pin Rings? Ok, yes, I am slightly OCD...

Anyway, I could go on and on about their cupcake liners, and decorating tools, but I really should go do something productive like pushing through laundry, or cleaning my kitchen. And it's definitley time for some more Pandora...

No comments:

Post a Comment