Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is here!!...

There is something about the fall that inspires and motivates me. It's my favorite season. Maybe it will inspire and motivate me to keep my blog better updated after this last unexpected break. :P

For now here are some pics from the last few months...


Moving into our new apartment at the end of May...


We really like it...


My new kitchen. I'm loving the counter space and extra cabinets...


The first weekend in June we spent a couple of days in St. Louis shopping in St. Peters and visiting historic downtown St. Charles. It was so much fun...


We found a little authentic Italian pastry shop and got to have a nice chat with the owner, Jasper Noto, and try some cream puffs and canolis...


We found some loose leaf tea in one of the shops...


We hosted the guy's annual TI party...Fortunately this time, they opted to start in the morning and go all day...so much better than pulling an all nighter...


Summer showers...


And double rainbows after...


Homemade ricotta gnocchi...


My first time trying the popular fruit flag cake...


Summer soccer league...


My Love's 26th birthday...he was quite thrilled with the set of GLAD cd's that he's been wanting for so long...<3


Jase's second birthday present...:)


A new game Jase came home with one day...it's called Quelf... it has quickly become a favorite with friends and family...


Playing Quelf with the guys and Rachel at the little goodbye party that we held for JB before he left for Cape Verde...


A day on the lake at Bull Shoals while on vacation in Arkansas with the Burks clan...








Lastly, our most recent undertaking is a low carb diet. This is my first real low carb meal. Hamburgers with mozzarella on flax focaccia, cooked cabbage with cheddar and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. This plate was around 8.5 carbs...


I didn't care for the focaccia so my plate was about 6 carbs without the bread...

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'd love to see more pictures of the family vacation. :-) ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete