Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Xanga excerpts...

I found my xanga blog earlier today. My last post was over a year and a half ago. Yikes. And despite wracking my brain for like an hour, I cannot remember my password. I barely remembered the url. Ugh. I even dug through my entire memory trunk hoping that I had written down my sign in info on a scrap of paper and stored it amidst my college papers and keepsakes. No such luck. I did, however, find a different xanga blog that I had completely forgotten about even starting. I'll be signing into that soon and seeing what I can salvage. For now, here are a few excerpts from my days as PianoGirl_87 on xanga.

Friday September 22, 2006

'I went and got my lunch out of my car today only to find, once I got back inside, that the microwave has been removed. All I had this morning to eat was a zone bar. I didn't even have time to make a protein shake. A threatening headache finally forced me to the snack machines, which contained absolutely NOTHING that looked even remotely filling much less healthy. I finally settled on Harvets Cheddar Sun Chips and Sour Cream and Onion baked Ritz Chips. So I'm sitting in the theory room again waiting for class, eating my 'lunch' and staring defiantly at the "NO FOOD OR DRINK" sign posted on the wall in front of me, as I shovel chips into my mouth. Yummm...'

Friday, August 4, 2006

'I dreamt last night that the fall semester started and we walked into theory only to find that we had not only new fellow students but a new teacher, who as it turned out, was just a difficult and rediculous as Riche was. I just sat there the whole time going, "Who is this guy, and where is Roed?! I want Roed!"

Not a good dream.'


Monday, July 10, 2006

'Highlight of the day; A book I ordered came in the mail. It's an early edition of Louisa May Alcott's Jo's Boys. I was so excited. I've spent pretty much the rest of my day smelling it.

Ok, I know that sounds wierd.

But seriously. There is not a neater smell in the world than that of an old book. And this book is OLD. I'm talking about 109 years old. It was printed only 7 years after it was first published. Very cool. Alcott is one of my all time favorite authors, right up there next to Gene Stratton Porter, Charles Dickens, Jane Austin, George MacDonald, and J.R.R. Tolkien. And the list could go on.

The only qualm that I have with going to college, is that over the last year I haven't had time to read the way I used to when I was in highschool. With homework constantly hanging over my head and threatening my GPA I can't afford to spend 2 and 3 hours a day on anything. Not even homework. It's a vicious cycle, I'm telling you. But who's complaining? Not Me.

Emoticons for the day;

Did you hear about the midget fortune teller that broke out of prison.?

It was a small medium at large...

Har Har Har...

One last thing; POTC Dead Man's Chest was AWESOME beyond words.

Absolutely, unbelievably, amazingly, spectacular. And that doesn't do it half the justice it deserves.

By the way, it set a record debut, bringing in over 120 million.

The only negative; I HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!!

I don't know if I have the patience for that.

If Elizabeth ends up in love with Jack, I'm going to die of laughter...'


Sunday, June 25, 2006

'Is it OK to be in love with a fictional character? What about two?

I'm thinking Jack Kelly and Laurie (Teddy) Lawrence.

Oh, and Quinn from Reign of Fire. That makes three.

*sigh*

One of these days I'll grow up. I promise.

All I know is, that day is not today.'


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

'Our pool is UP UP UP!!!!

Very exciting! It’s not full quite yet, but by this weekend it will be.

Went to the gym today, as always. Mack called be body-building material. Oh yeah.

Supposed to be studying Oceanography right at this very moment, but durn it, I can’t concentrate. I’m already three days behind, so I figure what’s another day gonna hurt?

I’ve nothing planned for tomorrow so I’ll just make it a study day. I hate first tests, cuz I never know what to expect.

Got a B today on my first in-class history assignment/activity. I’m slightly worried and annoyed at myself for not having done a better job. I hate B’s.

After class I went to the office to ask Lisa something and Mr. Riche was there. Before he left, he pointed to me and told Lisa, “That’s a good person there. A really good person.”

?!?

I was flattered of course but very curious as to how he came to such a firm conclusion after only two class periods and only one activity to show him what I’m capable of. And as I said above, I didn’t exactly do a very impressive job if I only got a B.

Stayed home tonight from VBS, determined to study. So far I’m not succeeding.

It’s dull as tombs around xanga and myspace. Somebody needs to liven things up. Jeepers.

Hardly anyone comments me and I’m OFFICIALLY COMPLAINING.

A thought: If I were to create a Multicultural Lit. Bank of Memories type thing, would anyone contribute? Pics, fave memories, recipes, songs, so on and so forth. I thought it might be neat. Probly won’t do it, but I was just curious.

*Sigh* Gonna go make another attempt at study.

What I want is sleep.'


Thursday, May 25, 2006

'I used to spend time outside by going down to the creek to catch frogs and crawdads, or walking along the river, or spending time down at the cabin at the foot of the mountain. But now we have a bear… ever since it moved in it has been the object of my despair. Stupid bear, that’s my mountain you're terrorizing… and I want it back.'

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

'Concerning our discussion today in Lit. about weight, gravity and mass, I think I've finally gotten figured out.

Weight: The pull of gravity on an object.

Mass: The amount of space an object takes up.

And finally...

Gravity: The pull of weight on your mass.

One last note:

The difference between light people and heavy people is in the 'm'.

Science according to my mom.'


I'm still hoping I'll remember or find my password for that site. I'm also severely tempted to switch over and make that my main blog. Reason? The emoticons. Blogspot doesn't have emoticons. It's a sad thing, really. :)

I'm sure I'll be posting more snippets from xanga.

No comments:

Post a Comment