Friday, September 11, 2009

I will remember...

Today started with a trip to the laundromat to finish forgotten laundry from yesterday and to pick up a package that Michelle (the landlady) had called us about. I had put laundry in yesterday around 12:30 and then forgotten about it. A text from Jase this morning reminded me that I needed to go finish it and pick up the package that Michelle had left sitting by the dryer for us. We were hoping it was the envelope that Mom and Dad had sent us for Jase's birthday, as it still hasn't arrived. Unfortunately it wasn't, but it was made up for when I pulled out this adorable pillow from mom...



I love it! It's so cute perched on my new couch with the afghan from Ms. Laura.








Also, another new addition to the living room:

Jase's old trunk. I originally wanted to paint it until I got it into the living room and realized that I kinda liked the look that it gave to the room.


So far I am really liking the way the living room is turning out. We've contemplated asking the Michelle if we could paint a wall or three but we decided that for the time being it's more hassle than it's worth, considering the fact that if she did grant permission, we would most likely have to promise to repaint back to the original color when we move out. As it is, with all of our furniture, moving out is going to be enough of a chore without having to repaint walls. Maybe we'll do it later, especially if we renew our lease at the end of a year. We'll see...


I really only have two complaints at the moment:

1. The entertainment center is downright hideous. I'm really wanting to get it painted or something, but we haven't been able to get anything done yet. I really have no idea what to do with it. Painting it will help some, I'm sure, but I'm thinking it's gonna need something more done to it to make it look good next to the couches. Whatever we do, I'm really hoping it happens soon because I'm getting really sick of looking at it...


2. My furniture is too big for me to rearrange easily. Even if I could push it around myself (which I can't) the living room only allows so many ways for it to be rearranged. I've contemplated getting rid of the entertainment center altogether, which would make it easier to rearrange everything, but I like the extra storage space that it gives me. For now I kitty-cornered the shelf that used to be along the wall next to the love seat...


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I started the day off yesterday by making oatmeal maple cinnamon muffins. They turned out a little dry which didn't surprise me considering that I had to tweak the recipe a bit. They need some work but overall they were pretty yummy...


Yesterday we went to Redeemed Books and Music to spend a gift card that Jase had gotten from his mom for his birthday last month. We found these:



The Complete Works of William Shakespeare

Travels of Marco Polo

The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne

Tom Sawyer by Clemens


I love collecting old books. Even if I never read them they look cool sitting on a shelf...


We also got this one, which I'm not altogether sure about:
I have never read any Edgar Allan Poe. Jase pulled it off the shelf yesterday and started talking about how freaky Poe is and how we would probly never sleep if we read this book. My reply was a sarcastic, "Sounds like fun...".

So we bought it. We'll see how that goes. I'm glad it was cheap cuz it may not stick around for long...

Well, I'm off to do some cleaning. My mom and bro are possibly coming tonight and bringing my two mattresses for the trundle bed in the back room and my washer and dryer. The back room and closet need serious cleaning and rearranging to be ready for them. I can't wait to have my own washer and dryer. If I never have to carry laundry to a laundromat again in my entire life, it will be too soon.
One last adorable pic of my beautiful hubby...

Isn't he so cute?


God bless,


~Antonia
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
A beautiful and blinding morning
The world outside begins to breathe
See clouds arriving without warning
I need you here to shelter me
If I could make these moment endless
If I could stop the winds of change
If we could keep our eyes wide open
Then everything would stay the same
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to feel this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
We'll let tomorrow wait, you're here, right now, with me
All my fears just fall away, when you are all I see
And I will remember
All the love we shared today
Oh, I will remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment