Friday, September 18, 2009

Little Wonders...

I woke up this morning with an intense desire for Christmas music. I'm trying to hold myself off, though. I'm afraid if I start on it too early, I'll end up bored with it by the time Christmas actually gets here. I can't wait to set up a tree and decorate my little apartment...

Last weekend we got our washer and dryer. On Monday I washed every single piece of dirty laundry in the apartment. :D And I quote Jase: "Man, everywhere I look there's clean laundry! This is awesome!" I LOVE it...

















On Tuesday I conquered the sewing machine and proudly produced four cute little napkins out of a piece of yellow gingham that mom had found at a material store while she was here. My next project is a pillow out of some brown plaid that mom found at yet another material store. :D I got it all cut out and even started sewing an edge of one of the pieces, when everything came to a screeching and very unhappy halt at the realization that I had no brown thread or extra bobbins. I finally acquired the necessary articles and am hoping to resume work today...



I came across a recipe for wonton cups while disassembling a taste of home recipe card booklet. I decided I had to try them. Since I didn't have wonton wrappers, I searched out a recipe for making them from scratch. Basically they are just an egg noodle recipe. I also had to make up my own filling since I didn't have the required ingredients for the recipe that inspired. They turned out so yummy. I baked about two dozen and still had over half of my dough left. It is now in the freezer awaiting the discovery and/or invention of a yummy dessert filling...



Me + Him = Us...

He's going to fuss at me for posting this, I know.

Poor Babe. He needs a haircut so bad. I love his hair long, but it's getting rather out of hand as of late. I really need to make my next project learning how to cut his hair, but I'm so afraid I'm going to butcher it, which will most likely result in him cutting it super short the way he likes it. *sigh*

This was on our way out the door for our forever long walk on Wednesday to the bank, Walmart, Dollar Tree and back home. I think it was about 7 or 8 miles in all. I was so tired that evening...



God Bless,

Antonia

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours remain...

No comments:

Post a Comment