Friday, May 27, 2011

Wait. It's Friday? Again?

Well, we survived the week. Barely. Jase wasn't able work a single day. That paycheck is gonna hurt. Fortunately, I've been able to take on several extra hours of work a couple of days this week. I'm very grateful because it will make my first paycheck very nice and will help make up for Jase's missed days. I'm exhausted. Jase's cough was so bad by sunday night that I couldn't sleep and it hasn't gotten better despite the many cold meds and antibiotics I've been pumping into him all week. I've been running on 5 ish hours of sleep every night at best and he's had even less. Way less. Poor guy. He's exhausted and miserable.

This week's regimen of meds.



We're on bag #3 of the Halls economy pack 80-drop bags of cough drops and now I'm developing a sore and scratchy throat so we've added Ricolas. Jase started on antibiotics on tuesday, steroids on wednesday and has been on mucinex and cold relief all week. Today he's starting Delsym in the hopes that it will help more than the mucinex has. I'm pretty sure the only reason I haven't been affected more than I have is thanks to that lovely green bottle with the yellow lid: vitamin C. Usually when I'm sleep deprived the first thing to go is my immune system and I catch anything and everything that's floating around. I've upped our dosage this week and it's going up again next week.

In other news, someone somewhere accessed our bank account info and started making random purchases. Not. Cool. We caught it yesterday. Fortunately before it sent our account into the red. Our cards are frozen and today we had to trek halfway across town to the nearest bank to fill out fraud forms (one for EACH unauthorized purchase...ugh...ridiculous) and pull cash to live on until we can get new cards. And of course this all had to happen right before a holiday weekends which means nothing is going to get processed until next Tuesday. I've had to deal with too many incompetant people this week; pharmacy workers who can't find and process prescription orders, bank people who don't know how to deal with fraud....our patience has definitely been tested. Makes me extremely grateful to be able to work from home.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord you caught. Hope Jason is feeling better

    Angie
    www.helpmeettosam.com

    ReplyDelete