Monday, May 23, 2011

Mama said there'd be days like this...

So yesterday night I went to bed early(ish) with plans to get a good night's rest and get a lot accomplished today. I don't work on mondays so I was planning on sleeping in and spending the rest of my day prepping for the rest of the week. My list included:

~ catching up on laundry
~ cleaning out the fridge
~ making homemade bread
~ making egg salad and potato chips
~ planning/making breakfasts for the rest of the week so that I could put in as many hours of work during the mornings as possible.
~ catching up on the rest of the house.

Unfortunatley, Jase has one of the worst cough/congestion/allergy colds that he's had in a long time. His cough has been getting progressively worse over the last few days and last night was the first night that it even kept me awake for a good portion of the night. (Usually I get to sleep fine and will sleep through almost anything).

So, today has gone nothing like what I had hoped. Instead, my last almost 24 hours has gone something like this.

After a rather exhausting night of waking up every time Jase coughed, I finally got up at around 9. I spent the morning making breakfast, prepping Jase's lunch and trying to be quiet while letting Jase sleep in to the absolute last minute possible. At 11:30, Jase called the leaveline at work because even the effort required to talk was making him break into a coughing fit and his throat was so raw he was coughing up blood.

The rest of my day has consisted of running to the Kearney walmart to pick up antibiotics and groceries only to find once we got there that the meds were not there, coming back home (because I had forgotten my cell), realizing the meds had been called into the Kansas walmart, making another trip to that walmart, waiting around for 30 min for the (incompetant) pharmacy workers to find and process the order, getting groceries (which included clearance bread since homemade bread is getting put off once again) finally getting home around 2:15, crashing in bed for a 2 hour long nap,waking up around 4:15, and now I'm waiting on dinner to finish so that we can finally eat our first meal of the day (besides breakfast).

And not one of my goals is accomplished. A load of laundry is rerinsing because it had sat in the washer too long and was starting to smell sour. My kitchen is a mess, there is no bread made, no breakfasts are not made in advance, much less planned, the fridge still needs to be cleaned, etc...and all I want to do is sleep some more. *sigh*


I'd better go finish dinner...maybe I can still get a few things done (if I can muster up the energy) before the day is over....I think I'm gonna need some caffiene..

No comments:

Post a Comment