Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally!...

I got a new dining table and chairs!! I'm so excited. I've been shopping around for a set for months and just hadn't found the right one...until yesterday when I was looking through Craigslist posts and saw this set. Today, Jase took me to look at it. The guy said it was straight out of the box, but it had a few dings and scratches and one of the chairs was slightly wobbly (which they kept trying to blame on the floor, and it seems they were right as I've noticed no wobbliness now that it's in my dining room) so they gave me about a 10% discount. *smiles*

I really, really like it. It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for and it looks so good in my dining room. And it will look SO much better in my new dining room. :)





Mom Burks helped us pick it up in her van and brought it home for us. Then she helped me rearrange a bit. We unloaded the hutch, centered it, and set it back up again. After dinner I got Jase to help me put up the mirror that was originally in the living room and had been replaced by a painting yesterday. Finally my dining room is complete. Happiness...



Dinner was cream cheese, garlic and chives stuffed chicken (minus the chives, cuz I didn't have any so I substituted a dash of oregano), buttery mashed potatoes, and a salad...



Last night's dinner...meatball nirvana and homemade marinara on whole wheat pasta with homemade whole wheat garlic bread...



My last batch of roses from Jase are drying and turning dark...and looking gorgeous in the process...



Last week we shopped for and organized an easter egg hunt for Jase's siblings...I forgot to take my camera on Sunday so I missed pictures of the actual hunt and all I have is prep pics.

Our loot...



It didn't look like much at first...but then we got all of the candy dumped into a bowl and realized just how much it actually was...lol...



Our first batch...150 eggs...



And the leftovers...



So when we went back to Hobby Lobby to make some returns we picked up a few more bags of eggs...

All filled and ready to go...246 small, medium and large eggs...and we had to exchange the nesting eggs from purple to yellow cuz the first set we bought had a crack...



It was a fun Easter Sunday...

I'm going to go t-tapp and go to bed...good night...

2 comments:

  1. The dining room looks awesome Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dining room table. I remember when Sam and I first got married. We had one of those pearl top tables with metal legs with the metal chairs to match.
    What a blessing for you to have such a beautiful set.
    Mrs. Angie Sellers

    ReplyDelete