Friday, April 16, 2010

Apartments, TVs and Failing Diets...

Just got home from several appointments to look at apartments and I'm happy to say that after several phone calls and 3 different appts we finally decided on one. And this one will for sure be available (we double checked) for our move in date. We stuck with Coryell Courts since we already had a prelease down and everything set up. We also stuck with the Morris floor plan, except we had to go with the Phase I instead of the Phase II. Basically we gave up the elevators and enclosed walkways for slightly lower rent, comparable utilities, hardwood floors and keyless entry. After we get everything up three flights of stairs to our third floor apartment I'm sure we'll think it was a decent trade off.

'Sides...we're still getting all the amenities: heated pool and hot tub, free to reserve private theatre, private fitness center, outdoor basketball, tennis and sand volleyball courts...and I'm finally getting the hardwood floors that I've been longing for ever since I was old enough to start building castles in the sky...:)

This is the new floor plan.

1225 sq ft, 2 BD, 2 BTH



It's the same size, and the layout is similar though it doesn't feel *quite* as open as the Morris Phase II did. Oh well...I think it looks nicer that the Phase II because of the hardwood floors, and as we found with our current apartment, the rooms always look bigger once they have furniture in them. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jase has already firmly stated that he refuses to even think about moving our 56" high def tube TV up said stair flights. So onto craigslist it goes and whatever we get out of it is going into a savings fund towards a newer, smaller, thinner model.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting here finishing up fries from my Wendy's deluxe chicken sandwhich meal. *sigh* This week's diet has been a very lame joke. Monday I did wonderful. I didn't go over 1500 calories and I got my t-tapping and hoe downs in for the day. Tuesday was the girls shopping day in Branson. I ate three times that day...Chili's for lunch, Braums for dinner... and later that evening, a very small bowl of icecream and brownie torte for dessert. It's been downhill ever since. Thankfully I have kept up with t-tapping at least once a day and random sets of hoedowns whenever I remember them.

For the past week I've been itching to get outside for walks and runs but Jase has been sick so I've been stuck inside nursing him back to health. Fortunately he's feeling somewhat better today, though he still has enough of a cough that we had to reschedule his dentist appointment that was set for today. Granted that he feels better on monday, we have vowed to start running. Must. Get. Into. Shape.

...

3 comments:

  1. I love the chicken deluxe sandwhich, and had it for lunch yesterday too! Though I don't care for Wendy's fries...

    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so tell me how is this going.. diet and running? It has been a week since this post..

    Glad to hear you will be moving into a new home. When is the big move date! I loved moving when we were a small family. Now that we are bigger (not as big as the Burks of course) it is way too much stuff. YUck.. we are also looking to move!

    Blessing to you.. Hope Jason feels better
    Angie Sellers

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have not actually been running. Jase has had a severe cough for the last few weeks and I don't like to go to the gym or the track without him. Hopefully soon. And, sadly, I've been neglecting t-tapp. However, I have lost about a pound by counting calories and replacing meals with yummy ceasar salads. :)

    ReplyDelete