Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Moving Plans

We went over to Coryell Courts today to put a prelease on an apartment. I was also hoping to be able to see the apartment that we were reserving so that I could take pics of it to show everyone. Unfortunately when we got there, we found out that they had just leased the last available apartment for the move in date that we wanted. It wasn't even available to look at so I wasn't able to get any pictures. :(

Coryell has two different sets of apartments; Phase I and Phase II. Each floor plan was named after a different Coryell family member. The Phase I apts are the older ones. The Phase II apts are the newer ones with the secured breezeways, elevators and keyless entry. The apt we had looked at and wanted was a Marie in Phase II. Since there were no empty apartments to look at we looked over the floor plans on their brochure and found out that the Morris in Phase II is exactly the same floor plan (just flipped) except that it has an extra 25 sq ft in the door way which gives a little bit more opening when you first walk in... for the same price as the Marie. And they told us that there would be more Morrises opening up in the next few months than there would be Maries...

So...they didn't have an apartment available for us until June 1st. Our lease where we are is up at the end of April. So Mr. George Coryell contacted the Hawthorne office and worked it out with them to extend our lease here for an extra month at regular monthly rent so that we can wait for the apt we want to open up at Coryell.

While we were talking with the guys at the office (Jeremy and George), we asked about the 13 month lease agreement with one free month that we had been told about the last time that we called. But we were also wanting to do the prelease now to ensure that we get an apartment when one comes available. Apparently we couldn't get the 13 month lease unless we were signing to move in immediately...But... George called Sam ( who is apparently the top dog) and worked it out that we will get the 13 month lease with one month free in June. And for now we have a prelease down for when it becomes available. Also our lease here is extended for a month.

So in the end...Jeremy, though nice, wasn't very helpful but we REALLY like George. :)

I'm having trouble deciding on whether I'm dissappointed or relieved that our moving date has been shifted. On the one hand we get an extra unexpected month here...in our first little home...which is kind of a happy thought. Plus I can put off moving prep for another few weeks. But..on the other hand, for the past couple of weeks I've been feeling the approaching move looming and I'm dreading it and wishing that I could just go ahead and pack and move and get it over with. Just thinking about it thoroughly exhausts me. So I now have an extra month to dread it...which isn't such a happy thought. :/

I've already started some prep. I have a list going of people, places and accounts that are going to need address changes as soon as we move. I add to it as they come to mind. I've also found a source for nice new crisp packing boxes. I think the next big step will be finding a huge moving van. The less trips back and forth the better. It would be very nice to have a big enough vehicle to be able to pack everything in at once and make only one trip.

I know I'll have plenty of help, which will also make it more enjoyable. But I'm really dreading it...

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Toni, I know how you feel. I hate having a move looming over me. I loved to be settled in my nest :)On the other hand don't let the extra month waste itself away. Capture it and make it into something joyful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antonia.. I am sorry that we were not able to meet before we moved. I use to go to Bethesda-3 years ago now. WE moved to Texas just before you and Jason met. (which I am so glad he met you- I have always thought He was such a GREAT youngman and deserved an equally great youngwoman.)

    I had to comment on your move.. ugh I can share I have had way to many of them in my 18 years of marriage to my beloved. In the beginning I always saw it as new adventure, new place, new people, etc, but now I dread it. The smell of boxes in the house, the one thing is, purging happens, so I never carry junk from place to place. For some God has placed them in a place all their lives, for others, well we plant seeds where ever we go!

    May the move go smoothly!!
    Blessings to you and Jason
    Angie Sellers

    ReplyDelete