Monday, March 8, 2010

March

Last Thursday we went to see the midnight premiere of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I've been waiting for this movie since I first saw the trailer last July. Back then it felt like it would never get here. I reserved tickets on Fandango a week in advance.

Earlier in the evening we had a couple of the guys from Classy Llama over and we watched Disney's Alice in Wonderland and enjoyed some snacked before heading to the movie. We got there 45 minutes before it started and we still ended up towards the end of the line. By the time we made it into the movie we ended up stuck on the front row. Not cool. Fortunately, right before the movie started we found a couple of seats in the very back row. I was so very happy. The movie was AWESOME and I wouldn't be surprised if we go see it at least once more while it's still in theatres. LOVED it. Even Jase like it...and he can't stand Alice.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Us in February. *heart*

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A couple of weeks ago I pulled out the sewing machine for the first time in months to make the elephant pincushion that mom bought me the pattern for for my birthday. It ended up being a project that got spread over a couple of weeks. I had to order some buttons from Etsy.com cuz I didn't have any cute enough for the elephant.


At Christmas I started an afghan and finally finished it last month. It's a bit rough around the edges (literally) but considering that I haven't crocheted in years and it was my first try at an afghan I was pretty pleased. And I love the colors.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Baby Edward's blessing was a few weeks ago. I baked a butter cake and Tyana's sister helped me cut it out and she piped Pooh onto it. It turned out pretty cute.


I also made cupcakes with honeybees. The bees were lemon flavored jelly beans drizzled in almond bark and the wings were sliced almonds. Very cute.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Our lease is up at the end of next month. I can't believe we've been married almost a year. We're planning on moving to Coryell Courts which is another TLC apartment complex. We looked at a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment that's about 200 sq ft bigger than what we have now. It's also a newer building so it has wood floors, newer carpets, and the kitchen is gorgeous. More cabinet and counter space and new appliances. The breezeways are secured, and heated and air conditioned and there are elevators which will make moving in a ton easier if we get an upper floor apartment like we requested. The complex is gated, the apartments have keyless entry, there is a small private theatre that we can reserve for free for movies and parties, outdoor basketball, tennis and sand volleyball courts and a cozy little gym. It will be a much better location for us and will cut trips to church in about half. It also puts us only about 10-15 minutes away from Jase's parent's house instead of being about 35 min away and will make Jase's commute to the office shorter in the mornings. I'm very excited.

And yet I'm also very sad to be leaving our first little home. I kinda feel like I've just now fully settled in and I'm already looking at packing things up soon to move. I'm trying not to think about it for the time but I can't ignore it for much longer.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Last week I found a recipe for almond honey-butter cookies. I wanted to avoid white flour so I replaced it with oat flour and almond flour that I ground myself in the blender.

The almond flour smelled soo yummy. The cookies had no sugar, white flour or oil and they were way yummy. I really enjoy cooking healthy. I just wish the ingredients weren't so much more expensive.

I'm gonna go cut into the fresh bread that I just pulled out of the oven. It smells wonderful...

No comments:

Post a Comment