Monday, January 18, 2010

Update...Finally

So...'tis Monday. Actually...'tis about three Mondays after the Monday that I intended to pick up blogging again. I'm so very bad at keeping a consistent blog. I sometimes wonder why I even try, and yet there's always something (or someone) that brings me back, time and again. This time it was a friendly post on my facebook wall from a friend wondering if I had given up, that inspired me to promise an update soon. It's always nice to be reminded from time to time that someone does actually read my blog and misses it when I'm negligent. So Alyssa...thanks. :)

I hate new year's resolutions. Mainly because any resolution I make usually ends up in an epic fail. So I make goals instead. That way when I do fail, it doesn't seem so drastic. 'Cuz it wasn't actually a resolution...just a goal. Lol.

So far I've had a pretty decent start on my goal of eating healthier and getting rid of the weight that slowly crept back after my wedding. I absolutely refuse to weigh what I weighed last summer. Refuse. Since New Year's day I've lost about four pounds. Excercising on the other hand, hasn't started yet. I did one session of T-tapp last week and that's about it. I meant to start today, but once again, life interfered. Instead I spent my day cleaning house. I must say I'm quite happy with today's accomplishments. They are as follows:

- picked up everything off of the floors in the entire apartment except for furniture in preparation for vacuuming...

- vacuumed the entire apartment including bathrooms, kitchen, utility closet floor and door frame, and in front of and around the washer and dryer in the hallway closet...

- washed, dried, folded and hung up all (ALL) of my laundry except for one load of whites which is still sitting in the dryer needing to be put away...

- cleaned out Jase's side of the closet and dresser, sorting, organizing and weeding out pieces that he never wears...I did my side on saturday and there are two big trash bags of clothes waiting to be sent home to Burks kids...

- Washed all of my dishes and counters every (EVERY) time I cooked or dirtied anything all day....

- straightened up and decluttered our bedroom...

- straightened up the bathrooms...

- went to a much needed chiro appt with my hubby at 5:30...

- went grocery shopping for the next two weeks...

- put away groceries...

I think will sleep well tonight.

Earlier today Jase decided that the only thing that sounded good for his not happy tummy was...um....cinnamon sugar potatos. And try as I might to convince him that it probly wasn't a good idea, he insisted that I give it a try. Lol.

I tried to keep them in nice pretty slices, but as they cooked the slices kept sticking together and the end result was more of a scrambled potato mess.

He took about two bites and pushed them away. :) He claimed that they were almost good, but lacked something. I refused to try them, so I can't honestly say what they may have been needing. Although I can't imagine that anything would make them taste good. Poor Babe...usually he has pretty good ideas. Not sure what happened this time. Lol.

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mother-in-law today, and an early Happy Birthday to my awesome Dad tomorrow.

Time to curl up on the couch with the afgahn I've been crocheting and watch me some Cake Boss...

G'night all.

~Antonia

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you have gained any weight, if so, wow, i want to look like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tonita! What a busy day! However, I can't even begin to imagine you fat! What a fun blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete