Monday, January 25, 2010

So the vehicle troubles never seem to end. We finally got our van licensed after a month of hassles, and on the way home I told Jase, " Watch it fall apart now that it's legal."

I should've kept my mouth shut. Jase barely made it home Thursday evening, and then didn't make it out of the parking lot Friday morning. He coasted it into a parking space and there it sits. So we started scouting around and made some phone calls. The next day mom and dad made a trip over to bring us their extra car to use for a month or two. We were planning on spending our next bonus check on a cheap vehicle to make do until we could save up for something more reliable. But mom and dad's sweet offer to loan us their car is going to give us a month's head start on that plan. It's such a blessing.

I think I'm going to order pizza tonight for dinner. I always feel guilty about 'throwing' money away like that but today I'm totally willing. There is only one day out of every month, that I hate being female. Today would be that day. 'Nough said. I've been absolutely worthless today. I still even have dishes piled on the counter from yesterday morning's brunch with mom and dad. Oh, well.

One day last week I broke down and gave into my craving for sugar cookies. I found an awesome icing glaze that hardens and is pretty tasty too. I bookmarked it and have plans for it in the near future.



I found this snowman cookie idea while picking out recipes to make this last christmas. I never got a chance to make them so I just had to try a few. These turned out abominably ugly, but I wasn't surprised considering that I'm completely out of christmasy baking supplies to make them cute. But at least I now have an idea how to make them, and I'll hopefully turn out a cuter batch when my pantry is better stocked.



My Beloved just walked through the door bearing gifts. Thermacare heatwraps (for the above mentioned misery), Reese's hearts, a dozen gorgeous red roses and a backgammon set that I've been wanting for a while. He's so wonderful. Time to settle in for a nice cozy evening with my man, pizza, chocolate, soda and backgammon. The day just got about ten times better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment