Friday, January 29, 2010

Cozy Days



Woke up this morning to our second snow of the year. Jase stayed in and worked from home. It's so very wonderful to not have to worry about him being forced to go to work in icky weather. I remember last winter when I would spend the day worrying myself literally sick, knowing that he was out in the slick nasty weather trying to make his way to and from Chase to keep from losing his bonus pay. It's such a relief to not have to deal with that anymore. The snow came down pretty steadily all day long. I took this pic around 5:00 pm and it's been snowing ever since. It's supposed to keep snowing all night. We're under a winter weather warning until about midnight and the total snow accumulation is supposed to be around 4-6 inches.



It was super cozy to spend all day inside. I'm honestly not sure where my day went. I didn't seem to get much done and yet the day seemed to fly by so fast. I spent my morning napping on the couch and then putting off doing the dishes and instead made some major progress on my current puzzle. It's 1000 pieces and probably one of the hardest I've done yet. It's so close to being done and it's bugging me. Every time I walk by I have to stop and try to get a few pieces in place. That's probly part of the reason why I still have a pile of laundry in the living room that has yet to be folded and a mess in the kitchen from dinner. Oh well. :)



The beautiful red roses that Jase brought home for me on Monday. :)



For dinner I made baked potato soup. While it was cooking I decided that the day called for some yummy muffins too. 30 min later I pulled out these warm apple cinnamon muffins topped with a crunchy brown sugar and cinnamon mix.

Well, my puzzle is calling me. Maybe I'll finish it tonight so that I can begin my next project.

Goodnight all,

~Antoni

1 comment: