Friday, March 27, 2009

Hi!

Vertigo

Life is blur my mind passes through,
Grasping and groping to find what is true.
Twisting and turning, my life rushes by
Time doesn't crawl, it most certainly flies!

The time-mist is thick, the light oft is dim,
I'm out of my mind, truly out on a limb,
The whirl courses through me, around me, then on
I clutch and beseech, but it's already gone.

Time is a maze, I cannot find my way,
My wild, clutching grasp can find only one stay,
I then catch His eye, the Lord of my time
The whirl fades away, I find rhythm and rhyme.

The blur becomes still, my Lord calms the storm,
My Saviour, the Shepherd, His grasp safe and warm,
The hourglass is His, He restores what was lost
Time yet flows on, but my heart is at rest.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Vertigo.

Jason and I thought it would be appropriate to title our blog from a poem that he wrote about two years ago. The idea that we want to communicate through this is that life has a tendency to get crazy (as you will likely see in future posts:P). However, if we are willing to seek our Saviour's face and take time to be still and know that He is God, then our Lord calms the storm and all the hectic chaos that we call our lives fades away and the sweet simplicity of our Jesus remains.

We have put together this blog for a dual purpose; firstly, we want to keep everyone updated on what is going on in our lives, and secondly, we hope to use it as an opportunity to witness of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.We hope that as you peruse our meager offerings, you will find something to lead you closer to our Lord, something to provoke thought, or maybe even something just to make you laugh or brighten your day.

We can't garauntee daily posts as I am usually terrible at being consistent with journaling and life right now is hectic as I'm working, finishing school and planning our wedding and Jason's time is taken up with work, church and making the four hour commute every week to visit me. However, between the two of us, hopefully we will be able to keep the updates coming with news about our life as we grow closer and work towards our wedding and life together. We would appreciate all of your prayers in these next few months as we wind up our seperate lives and prepare to become joined together as One in Christ.

We would love to get to know our readers better so please be sure to comment on anything that you appreciate or enjoy (or anything that is just terrible - so we know to not do it again ;P).

In our Saviour's Grace,

Antonia and Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment